The Changing Seasons...


I love the changing of seasons, there is something about it that gives me a new energy to finish the year off strong. Thinking about the changing of seasons also got me thinking about ruts and how to get out of them. Personally I just got out of a big rut. I was sick for a few days and afterwards I felt like I was so behind that I became overwhelmed and did not want to do anything. In the past few days I have finally gotten out of that rut and I am ready to conquer the world. 

We all go through ruts and there is nothing wrong with that. Life is not all sun shine and rainbows. There are some days life is amazing, some where it is just okay and others where it's a struggle to even make it through the day. Being in a rut is something we all go through as we grow. No matter what we do for a living there are certain creativities that go along with it and no one can constantly be coming up with killer ideas. We all have our rockstar ideas and some that fall flat. However, we always want people to think we are a rockstar 100% of the time. There is nothing wrong with pushing ourselves to be a rockstar at what we do but we also need to realize we are human and sometimes we need to take a step back. 

Personally I go through ruts all the time and I am not afraid to admit that. Sometimes I feel like I'm always in a rut of some kind in an aspect of my life whether it be in school, work, at home, my personal life, or my blog. I use to hate to admit that I was in a rut until I realized that being in a rut can actually be a good thing. Usually when I am in a rut I am forced to reevaluate what I am doing. I am forced to make changes and usually come out better for it. I think we need to stop looking at being in a rut as a bad thing and start seeing them for what they really are, a way to grow. 

Do not get me wrong, being in a rut can be difficult and frustrating but trust me you will be better for it. Here are some tips that I use whenever I am in a rut:
  • Write everything down. Figure out what you need to change and write it down! This way you do not forget anything. 
  • Break it down into manageable tasks so it is not so overwhelming. When you complete small tasks you will start to feel like you are accomplishing something and that will continue to build the more you cross off your list. 
  • Focus on the little accomplishments. Sometimes being in a rut can become even more discouraging when you feel you are not making any progress. By accomplishing little tasks you will feel better and be able to take on bigger tasks. 
  • Give yourself breaks. It is really easy to feel like you are so behind when you are in a rut that you work around the clock. But remember you are human and you can only push yourself for so long. Set a goal for yourself to get a task done and then give yourself a break before moving on to the next thing. 
I hope this helps if you are in a rut and trying to get out or if you were not sure what to do when you are in a rut. What helps you get out of a rut? How do you cope with being in a rut?

Image Link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/44895327513407361/ 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Designed By OddThemes | Distributed By Blogger Templates