Life is like a Roller Coaster...


My birthday was over the weekend. I was really fortunate to be able to spend my birthday with friends and family at Cedar Point. For me it was a time to get some perspective. It was a day I did not have to do anything but enjoy. I really love roller coasters. I love the feeling when you get on a roller coaster. The feeling you get in your stomach is amazing; the uncertainty and excitement.

When we were waiting in line for the Mavrick they had signs talking about the ride. They talked about the ride reaching speeds of 70 mph and having a 95 degree drop. I could not help but think about how incredible that is. Roller coasters started as wooden rides and now we have these giant metal rides that have inverted drops! How crazy is that! When you think about it roller coasters are an incredible piece of engineering. I started to wonder how long it takes to create these huge roller coasters from the drawings board to being fully operational. This process certainly does not happen over night, it takes a lot of time, energy, and money to make this happen. And even when it is complete you have no idea if people are going to like it.

I think for most of us we can relate to being a roller coaster engineer…stay with me here. We all have had ideas whether it was for a school project or a business. Sometimes our ideas were a little crazy and people would say it would never work. Nothing ever happens over night. There is a lot of trial and error. It takes a great deal of time and energy just to get your idea off the ground. At the end you have achieved success even if it did not go according to plan; however, while everyone can see what you have created they cannot see everything you put into it.

My point is many people will see what you have created and think it is easy to replicate. However, they did not see all the sacrifices you made in order to make it a reality. So many people think success just happens when in reality it is a lot of work. The people who are willing to put in the work will see results while others just wish for the same level of success.

Has anyone ever doubted your ideas? Have you made sacrifices for your dreams? Do you ever feel like people belittle your success?

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Designed By OddThemes | Distributed By Blogger Templates